LDAP, Active Directory & eDirectory Authentication
The user authentication module lets organizations that already have a group management system utilize current usernames, passwords and permission information in MediaCAST. This allows end users to log in to MediaCAST with their existing username and password.
This connection eliminates the need to re-enter usernames and rekey group membership information. Users are happy because they don't have a new login to remember, and support staff is happy to have only one login to keep track of.
The module comes complete with security management tools for administrators. Users can be assigned one or more user roles based on the functions they need access to. Disabling a user in the client's directory also makes the digital content system inaccessible until the user is reactivated in the client directory.
Pre-set User Roles Available in MediaCAST
- Use existing usernames, passwords and security settings
- Most client directories are supported
- Administrator security and user access management tools
- Minimizes training and support
- Supports comma delimited files for simple mass user data imports - duplicate record verification and error checking tools included